Monday, October 6, 2014

then they started coming in...

so the journey of making baked treat continues...

after my first fondant cake order, one of my good friends from high school ordered too after seeing the photos i posted in facebook. it was her daughter's first birthday and guess what the theme was... Hello Kitty! she said she was fine with the same design that i did, but her having a creative bone in her decided to send me a different one a couple of days after.

and since this was the second time i did it, there wasn't as much stress (...and panic attack) like the first one. i though it was even a simpler design but everyone else thought that it looks better. and without further ado, here's how it turned out:





yeah, maybe this one really looks more neat than the last one. but one thing is for sure, both of them were made with much love and sweat.

and then a couple of weeks ago, a colleague asked me to make the cupcakes for her son's baptism. she just wanted some that will go well with blue, white, and teddy bears. it was up for me to decide on the flavors. and since i have my housemate acting as a "liaison," she told me to make red velvets and salted caramels. i had thoughts of what to do but i had to brave what stuff it will require me to.

 it was a week long prep, but it was all worth it. i guess i'm getting the hang of this fondant stuff that i made little teddy toppers for my red velvet, and then i just had to get some of those teddy grahams to go with my salted caramel. and guess what? it came out a success!

 

 

 

we all had to fix the dessert table as it was poorly set up by the events place. we had to make do with what we have and make it as pleasing as it can get. and fortunately enough, we were able to pull it off even before the guests arrived.

it turned out pretty well since my friend gave me more than what i charged her for. she said it was for the effort that was put through the cupcakes and for fixing the desserts. she was just expecting simple bears and what i did was more than what she and her hubby was expected. another happy customer for me! so happy she's booked me for her son's birthday 9 months from now. :)

well, this journey never ceases to amaze me of what i can do. it just brings out whatever is in me whenever i make my creations, and trust me, my heart goes into each and every baked treat i make. and i will be thankful to our Creator for blessing me with this talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment